1 Quart size wood burner

Here's the place you can post your favorite wood burning stove and also information on how to build and where to get supplies.
zelph

1 Quart size wood burner

Post by zelph » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:21 am

I made this stove using a 1 quart size can purchased from an Ace hardware stove in their paint department.

Stainless steel mesh was purchased from McMasterCarr. It was formed to fit and then spot welded.The top edge of the stainless basket extends above the rim of the can to make for easy removal when loading with fuel. The basket of fuel is loaded and then lit while outside the can. The basket has a grate at it's base that extends up about 1" from bottom of can. One filling of twigs will boil 2 cups of cold water without any problem.

The pot support is made of 1/16 dia. stainless steel rod. It is stored at the base of the can. The legs are bent to fit the ring on top of the can. Because of the angle of the bend, the pot support holds tight to the bottom of the can when in the storage position. The pot support was not meant to have angled legs. I used a ball peen hammer to create a flat spot on both pieces of wire so I could weld them, that made the length of wire get longer in the center portion :roll: . I didn't want to start over so I left it that way.

I cut and paste a previous video made of this stove to show what it looked like before. I'm going to increase the hole diameter of the air supply.

Stove weighs 6 ounces. I'll do some testing this week end.
Attachments
BrokenArrowVortex 077.jpg
BrokenArrowVortex 076.jpg
BrokenArrowVortex 075.jpg
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/