Early Canister Stove!..GERRY Mini-Stove

The vintage stoves are still being used.
Show us some pics of yours.
realityguy

Early Canister Stove!..GERRY Mini-Stove

Postby realityguy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:15 pm

A stove I've read about but never have been able to find one for my collection..until today!

GERRY's Mini-Stove one of the earliest USA canister stoves..supposedly sold only for a few years back in the early 1970s.It came with a couple canisters and the actual potstand/windscreen for the stove.While digging through the old liquidation center I found it in,I found the third canister sitting on one of the shelves by itself.
The canister slides on the pin opposite the valve and lies horizontally.
More about the stove: http://www.oregonphotos.com/Gerry2.html#anchor2649
Yeah..I know..it's far from mint..but at least I've got one now! :DB: :DB: :DB: :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Re: Early Canister Stove!..GERRY Mini-Stove

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:06 pm

Neat find Cuz. I see a very similar stove on ebay frequently under the Markill name but yours has a neat windscreen setup that the markill doesn't have to my knowledge unless it was an optional accessory. It reminds me of a mini Sigg tourister type windscreen. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:15 pm

It isn't a whole lot smaller than the Sigg Tourist..have one of those also with the trangia.I think it's interesting that the top burner actually unscrews,the inner windscreen pops off,the larger windscreen pops on,and everything goes back together around it for a larger pot.The three canisters feel full..guess I'll have to try it someday.
Before somebody asks..stove weighs 7.25oz without the extra set and 14.25oz with it.Canisters are 8.25 each;one has been used at 7.75.

Optional(?) windscreen/potstand accessory is 5-3/4" high X6-1/2" across....

Yes oops!..it's real! :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:19 pm

RR..check the link(fixed it!) in the first post..they mention the Mini Mark being probably the original stove like this.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Interesting read, cuz. Hank Parker and Mark II are the ones I have seen on auction. My Gerry down bags seem to be of good quality and look fairly descent for their age.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:57 pm

I contact Bruce there from time to time,send him pictures of my items,labels and he tells me histories..I'll have to send the pic of the GERRY stove.. :lol: .last thing I sent him was an ebay auction notice for an Omnipotent tent he scored for $67..No..I take that back..someone had an Early Winter's Bivy AND a GERRY winter bag that went cheap(don't think he won it) :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gerry-Winter-Down-S ... 1c0e9c8e91

Return to “Vintage Backpacking Stoves”