"Cobalt" beer bottle stove

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
zelph

Re: "Cobalt" beer bottle stove

Postby zelph » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:36 pm

I got this message from someone who recently purchased one on ebay:

""Hi Zelph! I went backpacking with some friends this weekend and had a chance to use one of your cobalt stoves. I was impressed at how easy it was to use and couldn't wait to get my own! I'm not sure what designs you have, but if you could send me one that's fun looking and not sports related that would be great. Thanks! ...................""
-----------------------------------------------------------

They are the easiest on the market to use. The "Ignition Wick" and the internal bloom enhancer works great!!!!

Purchase one here or on ebay.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:02 pm

zelph wrote:Here's a demo video of the Cobalt wick ignition. click on the blank screen and it will start up.

Here is a demo of the metalic wick being used in the Cobalt stove for those that have purchased the stove in the warm months.
When I get time I'll publish all my photobucket videos to Youtube.

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:17 pm

hmmm...directed at me?

Yes and the person from California had a need to know also. :D

My daughter lives in SanDiago and is out desert camping for this coming week. she's leading a group of scouts to earn some badges. The temps have been over the 100 mark out there in that area for the past few days. Yikes :o Her stove of choice is the "Ring Of Fire" A gift from her loving father. ;)

texron

Postby texron » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:45 am

zelph wrote:
hmmm...directed at me?

Yes and the person from California had a need to know also. :D

My daughter lives in SanDiago and is out desert camping for this coming week. she's leading a group of scouts to earn some badges. The temps have been over the 100 mark out there in that area for the past few days. Yikes :o Her stove of choice is the "Ring Of Fire" A gift from her loving father. ;)

Sounds fun..except the heat. It's actually been nice here the last 2 days, highs in the low 90's :DB:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:07 am

I'm heading out thursday with the ol Stumpjumper and his 16 year old daughter for her first overnighter with the ol geezers. Temps are supposed to be close to 90 :x . It is a new 23 mi. backpacking trail that just opened by building a connecting trail two two park areas. We will be using two Cobalt stoves; one of which will be the Cobalt Blue. Did I read that you have added the wick to the Blue model, Zelph ?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:33 am

Ridgerunner wrote:I'm heading out thursday with the ol Stumpjumper and his 16 year old daughter for her first overnighter with the ol geezers. Temps are supposed to be close to 90 :x . It is a new 23 mi. backpacking trail that just opened by building a connecting trail two two park areas. We will be using two Cobalt stoves; one of which will be the Cobalt Blue. Did I read that you have added the wick to the Blue model, Zelph ?

90 degrees in a moist wooded area that's home to billions of skeeters will make the 16 year old think twice about hiking in the summer months. The ole geezers have tough skin and stink to all get out that will keep the skeeters at bay :lol: (better take along the 100 percent DEET)

I know you guys will have a great time, I was just funnin about the skeeters, they know better than to be out in such high temps. They'll be staying under the canopy of leaves so don't ruffle the leaves to aggrivate them. ;)

Yes, the metalic wick was added to make it user friendly in cold temps. I've also included a cobalt blue fuel bottle with a double secure lid seal to make sure fuel stays in the bottle and not in your pack. The disposable flask is still included also while supplies last. Use the flask for your favorite primer :lol:

rattlesnake master

Postby rattlesnake master » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:08 pm

This is Zelph's wildflower daughter...the one in San Diego. We made it...we survived the heat. We actually went up into the mountains in Julian one day to "escape" the heat and went geocaching. It was fun...we had some icecream and I took home a yummy strawberry rhubarb pie...however, unfortunately the pie is not lite backpacking approved...so I ate it all! :P I did share some.. Anyway...my girls at girls camp were actually relieved to be in 90 degree weather...who would have that we we say it felt good to be in 90 degree weather!!! Since I'm returning to the midwest while my husbands on deployment I'll get to help my cool dad with the stove production...maybe even come up with one with cool designs as requested. Perhaps wildflowers!
Attachments
rattlesnake10.jpg

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:25 pm

Welcome rattlesnake master ! It's always nice to bring one of the brood into the fold. I'm glad you survived the heat out west. Did you use a tent of hammock? Rumor has it that dad wouldn't mind a Warbonnet hammock for Christmas......hint, hint....just trying to help you out Zelph. :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:35 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Welcome rattlesnake master ! It's always nice to bring one of the brood into the fold. I'm glad you survived the heat out west. Did you use a tent of hammock? Rumor has it that dad wouldn't mind a Warbonnet hammock for Christmas......hint, hint....just trying to help you out Zelph. :lol:

AhhhhhYes.....both of you looking out for my welfare. Thanks!!!!

Daughter, This is an unexpected surprise :o A pleasant one :D

Glad you stopped on by. Glad to have you here. Introduce yourself up at the top of the home page and tell us more about yourself and your desert campout.

Irvingdog

Postby Irvingdog » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:04 am

Greetings from the field! 6:30 on a gorgeous Saturday morning, and I'm staring out at a serene little "pot-hole" listening to the chorus of frogs, accented by the booming of shotguns in the distance (it's opening waterfowl today).

Made a great FB meal of taters, stuffing and chicken last night which the 9yr old destroyed. "best dinner ever" and such. Some times it's not what you eat but where you eat it. He licked the Orikaso clean, something his mom would admonish him for but required at the campsite. In bed by 8, and awakened at 3! We took a moonless night stroll and listened to owls, yotes and something which I have no idea what it was. Scared the crap out of me, but I kept the poker face. A 4am hot cocoa put him out like a light, and I snuggled next to him, awakening at my usual 5:30. He will now still til 10 if I let him.
An oatmeal breakfast will complete this overnight trip, because we want to run home for the Gophers v Cal Bears game (sky-U-mah!!!)
so the long disertation all revolves around the fact that I used my Cobalt stove on this trip, and I believe you'd be hard pressed to find a better Alchy. These sites are "hike in" and we went fast and light, but you can't under-value durable around a little boy. No priming means less time fussing around and more time tossing the nerf football around the campsite, easier to make the 4am cocoa. And durable means it holds up to him
sending the kitchen flying when a stray pass crashes into the table.

I now have a great memory notched into my cobalt.
Thanks Zelph

Return to “Zelph's Stoveworks Factory”