TESTING CONSISTENCY & CORK & sSCREEN CLOSENEss

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
SSGHawk

TESTING CONSISTENCY & CORK & sSCREEN CLOSENEss

Postby SSGHawk » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:43 am

Dan,
1. ( HAVE BEEN PLAYING WITH THE XL3 SMALL OPENING(ALWAYS VERY HOT) AND YOUR NEW POTS STAND . I AM TESTING 2 CUPS OF COLD TAP WATER, 1/2 OZ YELLOW HEAT THEN AFTER 8 MINUTED I MEASURE THE WATER TEMP IN THE BOTTOM/CENTER OF THE POT APPROXIMATELY 1/4' AWAY FROM. TOUCHING THE POT BOTTOM
I LOWERED THE POT STAND TO ABOUT 1 1/8TH BETWEEN STARLYTE XL3 small opening BURNER AND THE BOTTOM OF BULIN 1.5 LITER HEAT EXCHANGER. I AM ALSO TESTING OLICAMP XTS, OPTIMUS .9 LITER HEAT EXCHANGE AND 5 NOT HEAT EXCHANGER POTS. SHOULD I HAVE DIFFERENT POT STANDS TO ASSURE A CONSISTENT SPACING BETWEEN THE POT BOTTOM AND THE STOVE BURNER AND CAN YOU SUGGEST THE OPTIMUM FLAME SWEET SPOT.?

2 ,I HAVE ACQUIRED SOME 1/8TH THICKNESS OF CORK AND WANT TO TEST THE CORK AS A COOLER GRAB AREA VERSUS SILICONE VERSUS, FIBER GLASS TAPE AND FIBERGLASS LITE CORD. MAY I USE HIGH TEMP GLUE TO ATTACH THE CORK TO THE NON-TITANIUM POTS? IA 1/6TH THICKNESS OF CORK SUFFICIENT OR SHOULD I USE 2 ?? OR 3 ?? LAYERS ?

3, IS THERE A FORMULA OR RULE OF THUMB CONCERNING THE OPTIMUM DISTANCE BETWEEN THE POT AND THE WIND SCREEN WHEN I MAKING THE WINDSCREEN COMPLETELY VERTICAL WITH A CONSISTENT DISTANCE BETWEEN THE POT AND SCREEN?

BEST REGARDS
PAUL FRENCH
'

SSGHawk

Re: TESTING CONSISTENCY & CORK & sSCREEN CLOSENEss

Postby SSGHawk » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:24 am

Sorry that I posted this post in Zelph's Stoveworks Factory section. I was not paying sufficient attention. Please move this post where it belongs.

Memo to self: Do not post 2 hours after taking Ambien.

zelph

Re: TESTING CONSISTENCY & CORK & sSCREEN CLOSENEss

Postby zelph » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:00 pm

Make the distance 2" from top of burner to bottom of heat exchanger and pots.

Use high temp silicone from automotive store. Used as gasket glue for engine blocks.

1/8" cork should work nicely.

1/2" space between pot and wall of windscreen. Make sure you sufficient incoming air holes at base of windscreen. Have pot completely surrounded by it.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Zelph's Stoveworks Factory”