Beer Bottle Stove Side Burner

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
zelph

Beer Bottle Stove Side Burner

Post by zelph » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:19 am

A simmer method for the side burner type stove made from an aluminum beer bottle.

I think the remote clamp will work to make it simmer. It will close off every other set of two holes to reduce the amount of holes by half.

At one time I did a test of a Supercat stove with it's lower set of holes blocked off. The upper holes did a fine job at simmering.

The elongated black lines on the clamp band represent holes to be punched to allow jets to fire up for simmering. The clamp band will be placed over the holes/jets and tightened remotely.

I think it will work.

This link will show how to make the remote clamp:

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=900

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

zelph

Re: Beer Bottle Stove Side Burner

Post by zelph » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:22 pm

Had to try it :roll:

It's going to work, that's the good news :D

The bad news is I had a JB weld failure due to direct flames.

The stove took less time to bloom than when all jets were exposed. 9 out of 20 were used for the test.

I'll make a new band out of .003 stainless steel and then proceed.

I missed the kodak moment when it was under flame test. (camera was in the house) :roll:

If someone needs to know if this kind of stove can simmer tell them zelph says yes. :roll:

I'll make it work!!!!

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56

Re: Beer Bottle Stove Side Burner

Post by oops56 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:11 pm

I was out in the shop had a stove that been in the way as i walk in.No the shop is not clean up yet half way like off the shelfs on the floor.This stove cast iron 3 or 4 lbs. 9 in round 8 in hi or so got small burner inside that had some type packing. And a lid goes on top with a hole when you turn it it got side holes for air hi and low flame. I Just like Zelph left the camera in the house.Next trip i make a video of it show how its made it simmer good little heavy for back pack :roll: :roll:
Man play with fire man get burnt